Novak Djokovic: No Decision Yet to Participate in US Open

0 16,034

Tennis player Novak Djokovic has announced that he has not yet decided on his participation in the US Open in August.

 

The number 1 in the world rankings resumed training on Tuesday after he had been infected with the coronavirus two weeks earlier during one of the tournaments of the Adria Tour he organized.

“I still don’t know if I’m playing at the US Open,” the Serb told Serbian newspaper Sportski Zurnal. “At least I won’t be playing the Washington and Cincinnati tournaments.”

As of August 30, the US Open will be the first grand slam tournament to be held since the restart of the tennis season after a long corona break.

Djokovic said that he would participate in the clay tournaments that are planned after that. “The participation in Roland Garros is certain, and the tournaments of Madrid and Rome are also part of my planning.”

Djokovic received sharp criticism for organizing the tournament series in the Balkans and made his sincere apologies for causing the damage. However, he also thought there was a “witch hunt”.

“I have seen very malicious criticism,” he said. “Someone has to pay the price for this, a personality, and a big name has to be the culprit of all this and get the blame.”

Leave A Reply